SEEJAD Research Paper Competition - 2021
SEEJAD Research Paper Competition is funded by the Scientific Foundation Spiroski (https://foundationspiroski.eu/). It is intended to incentivize and reward outstanding scientific papers, enhance research on Architecture and Design, in both cultural and commercial contexts, promote scholarly writing skills, and promote global engagement. We invite high quality, original articles which have relevance to architecture and design practice, theory, management and education.
The purpose of this award is to further stimulate the communication of research in South East Eropean Region (https://www.id-press.eu/seejad/about). Research papers concerning any aspect of Architecture or Design are eligible. Any research methodology is acceptable. Up to three winning papers submited from each country will be selected for award. All manuscripts positively reviewed by the International Committee of the South European Journal of Architecture and Design will be published in SEEJAD free of charge.
Awards for Architecture: €500 for first place, €300 for second place, and €200 for third place (eligable for every country that will submit more than three research papers).
Awards for Design: €500 for first place, €300 for second place, and €200 for third place (eligable for every country that will submit more than three research papers).
Papers must be submitted online by December 31, 2021. Accepted and rejected papers are notified by International Committee of the South European Journal of Architecture and Design no later than January 30, 2022.
To enter a paper competition, you need to be a current SEEJAD member, or register online to submit the manuscript for competition in the Category SEEJAD Research Paper Competition. If you have questions regarding the submission process, please email the appropriate [SEE J Archit Des contact person/competition commitee] (firstname.lastname@example.org).
- Only one research paper will be considered from each entrant; multiple entries by the same author will not be accepted.
- Papers must represent completed research not previously published.
- Papers generated as a result of a research grant or other source of funding are eligible for the competition.
- Research papers completed in the pursuit of master’s and doctoral studies (e.g. theses, seminar papers, and dissertations) are not eligible for entry. Research utilizing data gathered by a master’s or doctoral student is eligible unless the research report is taken directly from a paper submitted for degree requirements. Papers which are part of such research are eligible for entry if not published.
The papers will be judged by SEEJAD Committee with the assistance of additional Editorial Board members in those cases where the research topic or methodology warrant. Research papers will be judged on the following criteria:
- Significance of the research problem.
- Presentation of the relevant literature.
- Design of the study (i.e., appropriateness of methodology, selection of specific techniques and/or tests).
- Conduct of the study (i.e., application of methods of data collection).
- Analysis and presentation of the data (i.e., quality of analysis, logic of findings).
- Appropriateness of the conclusions.
- Manuscripts should be prepared in English language according the Recommendations for the Conduct, Reporting, Editing, and Publication of Scholarly Work in Medical Journals (http://www.icmje.org/icmje-recommendations.pdf).
- Manuscripts, including abstract and references, must not exceed 20 double-spaced pages (the work does not exceed 20,000 words), should have one-inch margins and be in 10 point font.
- Two title pages must be sent. One with, and one without, author names(s) and institution. Both title pages should carry the name of the competition for which the paper is being submitted.
- Please submit a blind copy of your paper. Papers will be disqualified if they exhibit one or more of the following:
- Lack of adherence to submission requirements
- Poor quality in the writing
- Poor organization of material
Submit award nominations/applications online [via SEEJAD] (https://www.id-press.eu/seejad/submissions) in the Category SEEJAD Research Paper Competition.
Nominations are reviewed and winners selected by a International Committee of the South European Journal of Architecture and Design.
All submissions are due December 31, 2021.
All contestants may contact Spiroski Ivo, Editor-in-Chief, SEEJAD, for assistant with the award process or support for the competition at: (email@example.com).